
This is my FIRST blog...
Well, not really, i did write 1 just before i got married & relocated to Shanghai. Since i really duno what i should start with, here's taken off my first blog (at Multiply):
ques sera sera...what will be, will be...
Posted by Josephine on Jun 21, '06 10:17 PM
I'm now at this cross-junction in my life...not that i'm in my mid-life crisis (well, almost)...but becoz i'm getting married VERY SOON! Dont get me wrong, of course i'm happy that i'm getting married with someone i love. It's just that since he's working in Shanghai now, and it's only "right" that I join him there. Well, as the chinese saying goes "marry chicken, follow chicken". Still, it's kinda f-a-r...n leaving this country that i've grown up in - a safe, comfortable, organised and accessible place. And I since kindergarten, my family have been going to Orchard Road almost every week. There's always so much things to see and buy...and I still remember this Strawberry Shortcake school bag I had which I bought from the then-Metro at Far East Plaza basement. There's the yummy dim sum place at Scotts Road that we go every Sunday after church... And the huge fountain display outside Plaza Singapura (where we took lots of photos)...n the (O-So-Kiddy) kiddyrides inside Yaohan that we enjoyed no end...even if it was just going round-n-round...n it was almost always the same rides...week after week... Haha... Yes, those were the days when I was mummy's little one...n I still remember the lovely scent from the Strawberry Shortcake shop...sniff sniff... =)
When I was older, my 2nd sis & I also go to Orchard - on our own now - just to hang around and looked cool - Centerpoint, then Wisma, Marina Square... When I look back now, it all seemed silly...but we had lots of fun then. And I guess no teenagers' life is really complete without all this nonsense...n total waste of time. =P
Even when Elvis & I started dating, Orchard Road is also a fav dating location for me! Haha... Sometimes, he'll complain, "Shopping again!"...even though I suspect that he also enjoyed the shopping - most of the time.
How time REALLY flies...we've been at it for almost 9 years now...n it's finally time to settle down...maybe have a kid in a few years...n then bring her to Orchard Road... Hopefully by then, I'll still be a "cool mum" walking around pushing a stroller... Would hate myself if I'm one of those screaming mothers, yelling at kids not to run around...(if only I can control) =/
Well, well...this makes me wanna sob and stop all the wedding plans... But I know that I'm marrying a 95% perfect husband - minus the wide eyes (minus 1), huge nose (minus 2), thick lips (minus 3), short legs (minus 4), quite handsome (minus 5). How to find, right???!!! So...I should walk down the aisle as gracefully as I can in those dreaded-heels (say no no to sneakers that day)...n marry the man I love, have a lovely daughter, be a cool mum...n bring her to Orchard Road!
YES, I DO!
~ that's all folks -for today!
-----------
By the way, this was Elvis' reply to my blog which made me equally touched:
Wah, I'm crying now ........
From 65 now i improve to 95 (almost perfect), thats a great improvement, although i don't actually agree with those part that minus points, except short leg, but you forgot one point - big head hahahahaha
Looking forward to start a new life, we can still shop around "Huai Hai Lu' in Shanghai :)














No comments:
Post a Comment