Earlier this year, I wrote an
entry about "vintage" Monchichi dolls. I saw them while shopping in Shanghai, and went gaga over them! They were sooo classic and cute! But I didnt buy any coz it was too expensive. ;p
Then one day when Elvis & i were shopping, i showed them to him! (Of course, he didnt know about Monchichis) He also thinks that the Monchichi animal handpuppets were really cute - the lamb, rabbit & bear! He offered to buy 1 for me, but i said, "No lah, i dont want it. Next time if we have a baby, then u buy for baby, ok?" He agreed, and we walked on.

Sometime in May, we found out that we're having a baby. I guess (in the beginning) we were both surprised and scared at the thought of being parents. Anyway, on one of our usual weekends out, we saw a Monchichi shop again and Elvis said happily that he'll buy that handpuppet for OUR BABY! I was sooo touched that he remembered what we said a few months ago. So we walked in and left happily with a Lamb Monchichi just like this one! Very cute huh!
It's baby's 1st toy from daddy! ;)
P.S. Elvis' cellphone has been acting up these few days, and i asked him to go buy another phone (esp since he cant do w/o one for his London trip 2 weeks later). But he said he wanna save $ for Elvis Junior. Wah!!! So touched!
1 comment:
ohhh! the Lamb Monchichi is soooo cute!!!
sasalito
Post a Comment