Elvis is someone who likes clubbing. Okay, you know it's an understatement. He absolutely heart it! Pun intended.If he has to work late most days...and there's 1 day that he can leave the office earlier, he would catch up with his friends over dinner and then clubbing or maybe karaokeing. I dont understand why he prefers that over having dinner with me and spending time with Joel. Believe me, i have McDonalds delivery 3-6 times a week (lunch & dinner). The other times, i'm probably having instant noodles.
Last night, he told me that IF he's not working late, he might meet up with a bunch of his Bates ex-colleagues (coz a girl just came back to Shanghai). FYI, it's his ex-ex-company. Then i asked why cant he have dinner with me instead??? He said OK. In the evening, i called him to ask if he has to work late. He said most likely not, so he'll join them. I reminded him, "I thought you said you're not going?" Elvis said OK, and we agreed that he'll dabao dinner home. After dinner, we watched TV and also Joel's DVD. Elvis played with Joel a little.
When i was trying to make Joel sleep at 11pm, Elvis suddenly opened the bedroom door and said, "I go out a while, ok?". I thought he meant 'out of the room' becoz he hasnt had his bath. Then, from the look on his face, i knew he meant 'out of the front door'.
So...here i am. All alone at home again when Joel is sleeping. No one to talk to. Just typing on the keyboard. Silence.
Hmm...no wonder Elvis didnt bathe since he came home. It was a plan. It must be.
Before Joel:
Elvis also had to work late nights...and i also ate a lot of MacDonalds. There was a period he was out so much (and denying it) that i had to make a chart to prove it. I noted down the days he went out clubbing on my calendar. At the end of that month, i showed it to him. 4 days in a month. Or was it 5 days?? Anyway, he even argued that 1 of it was Lesley's birthday...so not counted. (!!!)
Each time, he'll tell me he'll be back by 3am/x am. But he's always appear an hour later. So, i decided to tell him instead to come home by 5am (coz i reckon that's a super long time he can shake his ass)...and he really will appear at our front door at 4.45am/4.55am. Smile and give me the I'm-on-time look!














7 comments:
wow :) i like this post. cos of the honesty shown. some ppl juz wanna show the good side of marriage :) but u sure is a very patient wife, huh? :)
i really have to learn from u
yea, in fact, before we got married, we hardly ever quarrel. now, it's different kind of squabbles...but i wouldnt say marriage is a bad thing lah. just different.
i think other husbands/fathers have changed. not more partying, more commitment to the family etc. so i just dont understand why Elvis is still like that. :/
I guess in his line of work he neeed to socialise more with friends?
You are an independent woman and mother!! :)
yea, i understand that everyone needs to have their own life - even after marriage. but i also think that have to give up a little of that "socializing" too. isnt it so??? :[
Wow!! I like this post too. Although its a cliche to say this but I think its a guy's thing... Esp the I'm-on-time look when you already gave a time buffer...
agree with you..maybe when your hubby grow older..he will be more family oriented...
can understand your feeling cos u had given up your job and spend almost 24 hrs daily with your baby..but your hubby is not trying as hard as you want him to...
Yea. Thanks to all for being so understanding. ;)
Post a Comment