Daddy has to work yesterday (and today), so I decided to wash Joel's new clothes myself. While trying to pack them into his wardrobe, i'm really convinced that he has too much clothes!
This scenario happens very often when Ahyi folds and puts away his clothes (and our clothes):
Ahyi: "Where do i put this?"
Me: "Just put it here first. When i have the time, i will arrange a bit."
I have this fetish (pun intended) of putting clothes "where they should be". They have been invisibly categorized - home clothes/onesies, sleep clothes (suits, tops & bottoms, sleepbags), gai-gai tops, gai-gai bottoms, gai-gai onesies, jackets, socks, beanies & caps, towels (big & small), blankets, bedsheets - and best if Ahyi folds them all in the same manner. I can get quite pissed when she doesnt and/or "misplaces" them. But i'm nice, so i dont tell her that it's "wrong"...and coz there really isnt any right/wrong. I'll just do it myself again the 'right way' when she's not around.
Now that Joel has more warm clothes, i came up with a new category. Thick clothes. To save space, Ahyi has also combined the home/gai-gai onesies + tops, bedsheets + blankets + towels into ONE category each (and some miscellaneous + miscellaneous). I have repacked the Not-In-Use and Inventory Sections, but i still seem cant find the perfect way of organizing his clothes!
I know of Singapore parents who "pre-buy" so much clothes for their kids! Actually, i've thought about it... Since kids can wear their clothes for about 3-6 months (for Joel's case, it is 6 months), when buying gai-gai clothes...you only need a maximum of 8 pieces/sets per month (for the 4 Sats & 4 Suns)...and you can keep repeating them. So, the maximum wear for 1 set/piece is actually only 3-6 times! So parents need not be wasting money on kids clothes. And Joel should only have a maximum of 16 sets of clothes if he's living in Singapore. This should be easy and not cause any headache when packing his wardrobe.
I also realized that Joel has a lot of gai-gai clothes but i keep dressing him in the more comfortable ones (comfort in my opinion). I think Joel has the same problem as us...too many clothes but nothing to wear. ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment