HELP!!!
Monday i went to Mothercare...and saw Maclaren strollers!!! Before Mothercare came to Shanghai (early this year), one will have to buy Maclaren strollers from overseas.
Although Mothercare here dont carry many models, i quite liked and am quite decided on the Maclaren Triumph at ¥1499 (about S$300). I was told it weighs only 4kg. It was either that OR the Silver Cross black stroller (also Maclaren-styled) at ¥1199. It's also nice...but for ¥300 more, the Maclaren is a better choice coz it has "lifetime warranty". Surprisingly, Mothercare's prices are "very controlled" here. Not super ex like most imported things.
I was going to buy it this weekend with Elvis & Joel. BUT i just checked out the website...and there's this other model VOLO which is slightly lighter...and it's good coz it's less warm for the kid with its thinner padding (or rather removable padding). Now, i'm lost!!!
VOLO
- 1 position only
* clean white look
http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/content/view/99/491/lang,en/
TRIUMPH
- multiple positions
* blue/orange 2009 design (different from website)
http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/content/view/100/492/lang,en/
Which is better?
P.S. I was hoping to get the Day Tripper next time i'm back in Spore. But looking at the website, it's no longer available in the UK. So, i think it's the older version of the Volo/Triumph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














11 comments:
wow S$300 is expensive...can wait till there is sale then buy? hehe..but i thk my daytripper was around S$298 too and i bought it at sale price of S$98
Volo look exactly like wat i bought..except the col is so much nicer..i like the bright yellow but maybe will get dirty easily? ...i feel if there is multiple posts will be better...then bb can lie down after asleep..if the prices are similar, why not take the Triumph?
maybe i mg to get the day tripper cheap cos they discontinuing...
1 more thing...maclaren stroller's canopy cannot really shade the baby's face if the sun is shining down from the front..the canopy can only cover the top part of head..maybe more mor to provide shetler from rain...
my other Combi stroller can cover al the way..
Wow , you are really a shopping queen. I thought you bought a combi stroller and a maclaren one.
Surprisingly Claudia loves to sit in her stroller now. My Maclaren techno XT has been a white elephant for 2 years until now. I am going to have a headache cos she will be fighting with her sister for it.
Volo is a good choice! Think the shops at Ubi selling Volo at below S$100. I helped a friend get the Day Tripper at $98 at the last Taka Baby Fair. Any of your friends going to SH soon? can help to buy and get friend to bring over. My boy is using Quest, cos it can recline more as I got it when less than 6mths old.
Thanks thanks thanks to all!
Sharon, maybe you can consider getting a twin stroller next time like Astrid.
im a techno XT fan too lol.. wow didnt knw there are so many maclaren lovers out there.
anyway i vote for triumph cos it can ease your burden if joel fall asleep if you guys are outside :)
Hi Connie,
Actually, we dont like Maclaren style...but i guess its quality is really good. (People said can even pass on to #3 kid!!!) The streets here really no kidding. Japanese Combi cannot take it. :[
Hey Jo
true. I agree Maclaren folding is quite crap as we cant fold it with one hand but the sturdy part is the worth for price. My son used to it on a really regular basis when he was much younger as I used to push him to his ex babysitter twice a day and now its still good! Hehe.. anyway have fun choosing!
Jo,
why the Volo and Triumph so ex there?
Last time I saw at Taka promotion day tripper for $99
O no! Why everyone says ex?!! :[
MZ, the Day Tripper was a very good deal! Too bad i'm not in Spore. :(
Hey Jo,
I just bought Daytripper today at Tiong Bahru Plaza for $99. Any of your friend going to Shanghai soon and I can help u buy?
Post a Comment