
The other day i went to Carrefour in Gubei district. There's quite a lot of shops, cafes, bakery such as Paul & BreadTalk, and a foodcourt in the same building.
I decided to have my lunch at the Food Republic foodcourt on L1. The place looks exactly like the foodcourts in Singapore. Prices are about the same too. It was 2.30pm and there wasnt many people.
Here's my Hainanese Chicken Rice ¥25, Coke ¥6. Looks good, right? The taste of everything - the soup, the rice and the chicken - is authentic. BUT the chicken is COLD - refrigerated!!!

Since i was sitting just next to the stall, i went to ask the girl and she replied, "It's like this ah. We put it in the fridge" 是这样的呀。我们放在冰相的呀。(!!!) Okay...but shouldnt you microwave it before serving???

I wanted to tell her that that's not the way Singapore's Hainanese Chicken Rice is...
I enjoyed my lunch nonetheless.
P.S. Foodcourts here ONLY use the prepaid card system. No cash. You have to topup cash into a card and you can refund the balance inside the card immediately or keep it for next time. I find it very troublesome so i hardly eat at foodcourts here. In my 4 years here, i think i ate less than 5 times at foodcourts. Becoz, it's not any cheaper than eating at HK "Cha Chan Ting"/restaurants which also serve complimentary/free-flow Chinese tea too! Keke...














7 comments:
yaya...in taiwan they serve it cold from fridge too...scary!! i see liao no appetite..
I dont mind not hot/warm lah...but cold is indeed a little weird. Like an appetizer cold dish. Haha! :/
ya n i dun like 'white' chicken cos can easily see the blood...i see liao i no appetite..i prefer black sauce chicken....but i think cantonese likes to eat 'white chicken'...:)
Next time u can ask the seller for no bloody parts in the white chicken. Give it a 2nd chance! It's a lot more tender than the black sauce chicken actually. I eat both types. ;)
i do eat the white chicken...but only the breast meat...actually i ask for breast meat whenever i eat chicken rice...cos smtime the black one also can see the blood...i see liao i no appetite ler...breast meat are for lazy pp like me...:P
I see... Most people dont like breast meat. Then ask for strictly NO BLOOD! Keke... I kinda like chicken rice - esp the rice and black & sweet soya sauce. BUT there's isnt any place here that has that same sauce. They use dark soya sauce instead. :/
i am a rice person..so chicken rice definitely appeal to me too..but dare not eat much as its rather fattening...dark soy sauce work for me too....:P
Post a Comment