our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Thursday, January 7, 2010

piece of cake

I finally baked some brownies! It's actually an instant mix lying inside my cabinet for months...and it's going to expire soon. I've thrown away other instant mixes before (coz they all expired before i could even get started), so i thought i should at least try baking this one since I LOVE BROWNIES!

I only decided to do it at 5pm coz i happened to see the 2 small eggs inside my fridge. It says '2 large eggs' on the pack though. And becoz my small Philips oven is a standard cannot-control-temperature-oven, i stood in the kitchen throughout and kept poking the brownies with a toothpick. Hahaha... Somehow, the toothpick never came out clean...but black fumes were coming out from the top of my oven. So i decided that about 25 minutes is enough for my tin size. ;p

The "brownies" turned out pretty yummy although the top part is a little burnt. Some parts of the bottom is also burnt...so i had to chop them off (when cooled). It helps my "brownies" are harder than usual brownies, so cutting it was really easy! They look quite presentable after that. Keke...

I made 3 small disposable aluminum tins of "brownies" with the pack...probably threw away 20% of it that is burnt (and/or too dry at the sides)...and i'm left with just enough for myself & Joel. Since Elvis doesnt like sweet stuffs, i packed 8 pieces for Michelle & XiaZheng. It's their birthdays this month. Verdict: They said it was YUMMY! (Actually, i was a little embarrassed to write 'BROWNIE' on the box. I wanted to add the word 'almost' but Elvis had left the house with it.)

So much for baking!
A piece of cake - with an instant mix.

3 comments:

KIKILALA said...

WOW!! Nice!!

Jo said...

i dont even dare to show the inside. haha! not that bad though. ;p

KIKILALA said...

You can achieve this using the oven without temperature control. That is amazing!! :o)