our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Sunday, January 7, 2007

a fresh start

Yesterday, we met up with 2 groups of people. Both are creative people, but vastly different. Let's call the ones at lunch 'The Family Group' - 2 families with 4 lovely children (2 each). And the ones at dinner are 'The Yuppie Group' of creatives like Elvis - making their mark in Shanghai. I dont like the term 'yuppie' but what's another way to describe not-so-young, talented, workaholic, funny, enjoy life...people.

Anyway, these are the type of gatherings which 'i dun mind attending but would rather not'. As usual, people would ask me what i've been doing here. MSN, watch tv, dvd, shop...hmm what else do i do??? Sounds boring to be doing just that for the past 6 months... Ok, let me think...errr i took up knitting too, did housework, went travelling, started this blog (which i'm glad coz it's pretty addictive even if nobody's reading)...and also showed visiting friends around Shanghai. But basically, that's about it. OK! I didnt do anything constructive here - and i hate to admit it! Sounds like a boring life, although i'm not complaining (most of the time). Some days i wake up later, so it's just a few hours to sundown. I really hate it that the sun sets early at 4pm, and it feels late even when it's not. Makes me wanna hurry home. Heehee... I am a "tai tai". I like to laze around, munch, go out when i feel like it...and at the end of the day, wait for Elvis to come home. So, i'm really not that bored lah.

But these real tai-tais from 'The Family Group' join tai-tai groups, and have busy busy schedules: mahjong, badminton clubs, do brunch gatherings, fetch the kids etc etc. Me? I will never fit in. I'm not interested in mahjong, hate sports etc etc...

What i have to admit is that meeting people do bring opportunities. Perhaps i would be freelancing/working in some agencies in the future... Hmm...i was good at work...so, perhaps it's time to make up for lost time...i had REALLY better start learning the much dreaded Illustrator/InDesign and move on from here... Arrgh...

O ya! We also went to buy a table from IKEA. Time to fix it up, get an oven and bake some chocolate cookies!

P.S. I heard that that Filipina was really bored at home! Serve her right! At least i'm not bored w/o her! Hahahaha...

------TODAY is 14 Feb, and the IKEA box is still lying around in our living room!!! ELVIS!!!!!!

No comments: