our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

swap package #2, #3

Yesterday, I received my 2nd swap package (supposedly my 4th/April)! It was sent via courier service to my doorstep! Here's what i got from Phyllis:

1 : A box of surprises!
2 : Strawberry Shortcake candle, Care Bears band-aid, monkey keycaps
3 : Muffins A-Z book, Seattle info & map, Seattle postcard & magnet
4 : notebooks x2, post-it pads, California State University mug, pen & keyring (where Phyllis is teaching)
5 : Loccitane travel shampoo & body lotion, indian mirror
6 : chocolates, candies, almond toppings & Tazo passion tea

And here's what i sent Phyllis (click for bigger view)

: yarn, earrings x4, hairties x4 & hairclips, chinese propaganda postcards, oriental pouch & tissue case, socks, mirror & clipper, chinese snacks, stationery, deco tapes, stickers, memoclip. (there's also a Jay Chou CD which i didnt take a photo of)

Updated on 13 April: Phyllis has received my package!
"My package arrived today! And I'm so happy with it! :-) You picked out such a wonderful collections of things,; I'm not even sure which is my favorite yet. I just finished eating some of the snacks. I'd had haw slices before and I forgot how much I like them. The earrings are definitely my style. I know the girls are going to be just thrilled with the hairbands and pens and pencils. Thank you so much for a wonderful swap!! I've put up a picture on my blog: dephal.blogspot.com.
I hope you liked your package as much as I like mine. :-)
Phyllis"

I also got the slip from the post office that my March/3rd package from Caro in France has arrived too! I just collected it:

: coasters, vase, lollipop, PVC wall organiser, toys, magnets, purple lipgloss?, bracelet, pencil, eraser, nougat, chocolates, tissue, cellphone strap, tea, postcards.

And here's what Caro requested for

: bag, socks x2, lipgloss, blusher, Jack cellphone strap, stickers x3, memoclip, deco tape, eraser, pen x3 (requested crocodile) & pencil, earrings x2, keyring, tea infuser, chocolates.

Actually, i'm pretty disappointed with this swap coz many of the items Caro said she will send, she did not. She had also promised a bag (or vintage accessories if she cant find a bag), notebook, receipe, CareBear figurine. I suppose the CareBear undergone mutation to become the purple monkey, Obelix-lookalike and dog. And the 'cute things' and 'handmade item' she mentioned was not what i had anticipated. =[

Anyway, i'm going to take a break until my July swap with Malin from Sweden! I'm REALLY looking forward to that! It's got to be the best! Here's the preview!

And i think my February (supposedly 2nd) swap package from Katy in USA is a goner... ={

2 comments:

Auryn. said...

Hey jo, I see that you don't really like what I sent to you, I sorry I didn't found some of the stuffs. As you didn't actually tell me what you wished and you got me report to your wishlist, I tried to find some ideas of stuffs that would please you but I was apparently wrong. Or else you requested some very specific stuffs that I didn't found either. I've never seen anywhere vintage bags nor accessories, and care bear figurines were not on store anymore.
If you weren't that eager to get and send our stuffs, maybe I should have asked you some more time to seek for some more stuffs.
I sorry that you didn't like our swapping, but I consider a swap as a cultural and friendly exchange, and I tried hard to find some french stuffs, and stuffs that you might like (and I could find in stores).

Auryn. said...

Btw I just got your package, thanks, I love everything ! Bye