Anne sent me 3 different types of instant noodles from Indonesia. The 2 others were Indomie - a brand i knew. I picked this Sedaap Instant. It says on the pack 'Asli Kriuk Kriuk' - whatever that means. But i liked drumstick, egg and prawns. Being a graphic designer, i was almost sure the bad colours on the pack didnt do the noodles any justice. My expectations of these Indonesian noodles were HIGH!
When i opened the pack (and took this photo), i realized the "oil" had solidified! That's how cold it is here in Shanghai...even my cupboards are like freezers! GREAT, there's English instructions on the back. It says to stir in all the tiny packets AFTER cooking the noodles. Okay...it's not soup-based.
I was a bit hesitant about adding the chilli sauce and the oil...coz i'm not a 'chilli & oil' person. But since it was authentic Indonesian noodles, i should at least TRY to make them as authentic as possible, huh. Ok, i added them...and the 'Kriuk Kriuk' is actually the tiny bits of crackers in the silver foil. I get it...Crunch, Crunch!

And...here's my very yummy almost instant dinner! 3 minutes! I almost forgot to take a photo of the cooked noodles...coz i ate a few mouths (already). I devoured them within the same time it took to cook. SEDAAP!

P.S. I could eat 2 packs of these at a go! No wonder Indonesians girls are skinny!














3 comments:
Hi Jo,
Looks sooo yummy! ;) Ivan and i usually have this for supper. When Noah's not around. Otherwise he'll be eating the super delicious and highly MSG-ed food!
Oh you should try stir-frying the noodles with the sauces after the noodles is cooked (after you boil the noodles and pour out the water). Just stir fry under high heat, until some noodles turn a little crispy. That one would be even yummier! It's not too oily, and it's crispy and great! TRy it!
Stir-fry! Sounds very yummy! WAH! I'm so going to try that next time! ;p
Wow!! This looks yummy. Is it the same as Indomie?? I am going to hunt it down in SG. HEHE.
I am so an instant noodle person too. HEHE!!
Post a Comment