I've been seeing & hearing lots of fireworks and firecrackers this week...and many more today. There's nonstop fireworks - set off by different people - since the sky got dark 2 hours ago. Everywhere i look, there's fireworks - left, front, right! Becoz today is the last day of Chinese New Year - 元宵. It is a big deal here in China. Families are supposed to eat rice dumplings "tang yuan" today. They like meat and/or vegetables fillings. I prefer to stick to our typical Singaporean ones with sesame & peanut fillings.I went to buy them this afternoon for supper with Elvis. Then Elvis said he wont be home too late, so i've asked Ahyi to go buy food to cook dinner too! Wah! Like a real yuan xiao meal!
Today, the 3 dishes taste yummy! I think coz it's more salty. ;p
- Prawns with the same bottled sauce (as before)
- Egg with vegetables (that looks like spring onions)
- Hong Shao Rou (which looks too watery)
- and of course, tang yuan

The Chinese also like to visit the temples, see lanterns and solve the "puzzles" (cai den mi)... I should have gone to ChengHuang Temple/YuYuan to soak in the festivities.
Happy Yuan Xiao, everyone! ;)














4 comments:
seems like a fun yuan xiao you have got..can put firecrackers unlike in sin...did u ever try it in China?
happy yuan xiao to u n family!
No, we have never tried.
Actually I dont like firecrackers. The sound is quite irritating. Fireworks are too expensive...maybe like S$2k for a shot. ;p
i never know yuan xiao must eat tang yuan. my fav is black sesame tang yuan. yum!
Yes, must eat tang yuan. Even my "bochap" family also try to keep this tradition. Haha!
Sesame also my fav!
Post a Comment