Last night while blogging, i received a surprise message/comment! I have another fan from Indonesia! Haha! (No wonder my blog roll is increasing lately)
Yeyent is Astrid's friend. She also agrees that my blog is "crappy" but it's sure as hell, addictive! Haha! She has a blog too (Ruyent: behind the veil) but it's part Bahasa Indonesia, part English. I've realized that's how Indonesians talk too! Maybe it's like our Singaporean English. Rojak with Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese, Malay or whatever goes...and it becomes our signature broken English Singlish!
Trust me, if you're in another country and you hear someone speak like that... 100% confirm is a Singaporean! Also, if you're in Bangkok, it's so easy to spot Singaporeans wearing 3/4 bermudas or board shorts with tshirt or singlet - with a sling bag across their bodies!!!
I found this translation website which might be useful...
1. English to Chinese
2. English to Bahasa Malaysia
3. Bahasa Malaysia to English
*Corrected: Rudy is her husband, she is Yeyent. Ruyent is a combination! Just like Jo-El! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
Hey jo, you are so rite!!! We get recognized everywhere we go :P
But, I got a few missed! During Taiwan trip, pple tot I was a Honkie, Bangkok, when I was very tanned then tot I was a thai...In Singapore, some years back, a store owner tot i'm korean...so weird!
haha...anything but the real thing! ;p
Jo...urmmm a lil' correction...
Rudy is my hubbie and me, well, yeah I am 'yeyent' haha...
and the translation for my blog is quite interesting, can be understood but kinda funny, haha
Post a Comment