our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

total eclipse of the sun

The eclipse was supposed to be happen at about 8.20/30am. We woke up slightly before 8am. It was cloudy and expected to rain today. We waited in vain for the thick clouds to disappear. Then it started to rain and we gave up hope at about 9.30am - an hour after the predicted eclipse. Elvis left the house to go to work, and i started to bathe Joel. Suddenly, when i looked up, the sky was dark! Elvis quickly came back through the door. Within a matter of seconds, it looks like night has fallen. WOW~


The clouds shifted its position and we got a glimpse of the sun for a few seconds. This is the only time we saw the sun the entire time.










Within 6 minutes, darkness turned into light...


The experience was amazing although we didnt get to see the "real thing" like on TV - with the black circle covering the sun.

View the eclipse here.

4 comments:

Anne said...

thanks God your blog back to normal with pictures, the last time I read it, I don't see any pictures in your post!! btw,it's totally cool!! I heard shanghai is the best spot to enjoy this full eclipse, I even dont know about it until I read a newspaper, the eclipse is not pass Jakarta, it's pass other city of Indonesia D

Jo said...

Yeah. I'm glad too. Why u didnt update your blog for so long? I'm quite sick of updating mine w/o pictures. ;p

Too bad we also didnt get to see the "real action" coz it was really too cloudy and raining. Turned out, the whole of Shanghai city cannot see also. Have to go to the outskirts where the weather is better. I think i knew about the eclipse from the TV coz it's like talk of the town for the past month(s). I dont read the Chinese newspapers either. ;p

Haha... I see your hands are full with Bryan. If you knew earlier, you could drive up to another city to watch the eclipse. Should be amazing! This is an encounter once in 300 years.

hipo mama said...

thanks for the pics....Joel is so cute to put the film on his face..hehe...he seem to like licking anything..from daddy hair to film!!! haha..n i also love to look at his chubby thighs...so ke ai...i will smile whenever i see the thigh...yummy!!

Jo said...

Haha... I dont think Joel knows that he's supposed to look through the film. Not doctor material. ;p