our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

fashionable chocolates

I was surprised and happy to discover this chocolate store in Shanghai over the weekends at Channel 1, at the corner of a fashion store. I had wanted to go to the store when we're back in Singapore. I'm lucky!

Chocolate Research Facility

When we walked into the store, i knew i have to try the chocolates! It's packaged like fashion - Spring/Summer '09, Connoisseur, Classic, Exotic, Double Fruit, Nut, Fruit, Alcohol, Tea, Coffee Series. I think i read somewhere that they have a new White Chocolate Series too.

Since they were not cheap - ¥49 for a small box - i should get just ONE. So stingy! Haha! I was also overwhelmed by the selection and piles of pretty boxes. I really couldnt decide on A Flavour, so i decided to look at the clothes first. I have also never shopped at Asobio - an Italian label. This is their flagship store in Shanghai.

When i went to pay for my new dress (totally forgotten the chocolates), i was told that i could choose 1 box of chocolate - for FREE! Haha!

I picked this from the Tea Series.
Green Tea - in green houndstooth checks packaging.

It has creamy green tea sandwiched between the very sweet WHITE chocolate. (Hit the jackpot too! Coz i didnt know it's white chocolate inside) Yummy, actually! But becoz i could finish the whole bar at a go, i would think twice about buying it next time. (¥10 Meiji or ¥25 Ritter Sport works just as well for me)

What is so cool about the bar of chocolate is the tiny letterings. 2 Small, 2 Medium and 2 Large sections to satisfy your S/M/L craving. (Sorry, text not visible from my photo) And of course, the XL section has the type CH•C•LATE RESEARCH FACILITY

After this biggest section, i've had my fill! Happy food makes happy people. I cannot agree more. YUM!

Packaged By: Chocolate Research Facility Pte Ltd; 19 Ann Siang Rd, Singapore 069699. Weight: 70g Note: This product may contain traces of nuts and milk proteins. Store in a cool and dry place. Manufactured in Singapore. Happy food makes happy people. www.chocolateresearchfacility.com

10 comments:

one little journey said...

i bought once. and one bar only (stingy too!). wanted to try the choc b4 i buy more. i have to say that i like the packaging more than the choc itself. the one i got was walnut dark choc, a little disappointed, but will definitely try out other flavour next time. the packaging is too cool to resist.

one little journey said...

oh and i had wanted to blog abt the cool packaging but photography not allowed in the shop, so disappointed.

Jo said...

how much is it in S$? they sell drinks too like a cafe, izit?

this is c-h-i-n-a

Jess said...

Cool packaging!!! Love it! :)

hipo mama said...

nice packaging...looks yummy too..

Jo said...

One Little Journey (above) told me they just opened a new shop at Wheelock Place besides the (also quite new) shop at Millenia Walk.

one little journey said...

$10 per bar if i rmb correctly

hipo mama said...

oh then must go have a look if happen to be there..

Anonymous said...

u know its opened by chris lee, right?

Jo said...

Yeah.
Is this Ben? ;)