Hop on with me!
The bus came within 3 mins, and i got up. A man held his hand out to take my coins. I handed it to him thinking that he's the bus conductor. But he's actually taking my coins as his change. Haha! Okay... ;p I took the seat by the window - not on the driver's side - so that i can look at things on the streets. I saw a magazine pocket by the side (just beside my leg). It was chained to the seat infront. Okay...Cool! A magazine to read on board! When i was done flipping it, i continued to look at what's outside... It was pretty interesting (to me). We went by the more "local streets" selling clothes so cheap u didnt think it was possible to find (a cute pajama pants at only 10rmb/S$2 caught my eye), rows & rows of hardware shops, clothing dyes, hair salon products, got a glimpse of the small and dim lane-houses, people chatting with their neighbours, a Caucasian lady on the way home with her groceries & wanted to buy some flowers, a young boy balancing his umbrella in his palm & doing a little dance step, some nice apartments, people rushing to cross the road just as the green man starts to blink, drivers who dont care even if it's red light, some Caucasians going for their lunch break, people littering without a thought, beggars on the street... I wished i had my camera with me to take down the old local houses which was special in its own way. But i know i wouldnt have the guts to snap anyway - for fear that someone will follow me and steal my camera! Haha! Soon, it was time to alight. I got up earlier coz i have to shove my way out. When i got down, i looked at my watch. The journey took 40 mins. It would have taken 15 mins by cab. But well, i paid merely 10% of a cabfare...and i went on an excursion!
O ya! Forgot to talk about the interior of the bus. It was quite clean & comfortable. The LED lights just above the driver tells you which stop you are at, and there's an announcement in Mandarin AND English too! Bet u didnt expect this! ;)
However, i took a cab home...because i dont know where's the bus stop! It's not like those in Singapore where u just need to cross the street. Haha...
Here's a picture of an old street in Shanghai that we took previously.
Can you see its charm?

I liked the way they look, but i think it's quite depressing to live in them. By the way, many people in Shanghai live in VILLAS too! I heard of someone who even has his own life-sized statue in his backyard! How queer! HAHA!














3 comments:
ha! ha! the bus in shanghai so 'high tech' i realy didnt expect this : )
I'm always against China, basically of the culture and its people. Thats why I never like to step into any part of China. After reading your blog, I think it somehow change a little perception of this Country (Only Shanghai), well the fact is, I could shop like crazy over there, hahaha...I have to make plans now.
Been enjoying reading your blog, especially when I'm alone at home, rushing my project like hell. I wish I could be in Chang Le Street now, shopping. I haven't really shop since my last trip to Tokyo, all because of the MA project.
For me, I'm just too busy and lazy about starting a blog, but blogging is in now, everybody's blogging...maybe I should.
i must have miss out a lot about shanghai :)
, will try to take a bus ride one of these days,
be my guide :)
elvis
Post a Comment