Today, I went for my medical checkup and left baby Joel in the care of the "Ahyi". That's what people here call their cleaning aunties. This is NOT the Ahyi we had previously who was lazy and slipshod in her work. This new Ahyi is very young (only 32 years old and has a 5-yr old son) and worked for us merely about a month. I first met her on Monday...today's only the 4th time. She didnt mind babysitting for me and even took leave for 5 hours. (Coz she's usually here for about 2 hours each time and rushes off to other places)
I was a bit worried that when i come home, my son will be gone. But thankfully, he's in good hands. When I came back (4 hours later), i asked her if she's almost going crazy. She said Joel only cried a little when he's hungry. The rest of the time, he kept talking (or rather cooing) with her. Phew... ;p She also managed to do the housework when he's asleep!
Actually yesterday, we offered her a fulltime job to clean the house, look after the baby and cook for us etc 9am-7pm/Mon-Fri (which we thought would be the "perfect" solution, and it's also good for her coz she dont need to run to so many houses to work 12hours/day). In fact, before i came over, Elvis & our friends said that we should employ a fulltime nanny to look after Joel (plus the cleaning Ahyi to do the housework), but i insisted that i can manage Joel alone...so just the Ahyi will be good enough. But after i saw her, i didnt mind getting her fulltime to do all the work. Heehee...
Anyway, this Ahyi turned us down coz she's been working for some families for almost 2-3 years now, and she said they wont let her leave for sure (coz she's good). She said to wait another 6 months lor. Actually, i need her to mainly clean the house (Shanghai is super dusty) and maybe cook my meals (or else I'll be ordering delivery most of the time which costs about S$5/6 for a meal of rice/noodle). I'll still prefer to look after Joel myself and watch his every progress along the way. Since she turned us down, it'll save us some $ for now...and I'm looking forward to the time when Joel start to learn how to play. This sounds perfect for me too! Either i'll put on weight from all the oily but yummy delivery food or lose weight looking after Joel 24/7. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment