our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Monday, October 13, 2008

sunday

We met up with our Singaporean friends and 1 of their sister & niece who is here on holiday at Tai Ping Koon Restaurant - which is like the most authentic of olden HK 茶餐廳 "cha chan tang". The food is nice but more expensive than most other 茶餐廳s. I was actually craving for Afternoon Tea's pasta just next door...but they wanted to eat at TPK.

Anyway, the lunch was also kinda for Elvis to meet our friend's sis coz they happen to be from the same secondary school in Singapore, and she was Elvis' dream girl. But i can let you in that he had bad taste. (She's an AhLian through and through...and even her 2yr old daughter is dressed as one! Toddler in black PVC leather pants!!! OMG!) ;p

After that, we went to check out Gymboree (HuaiHai Road branch) becoz our friend said that she signed the package and couldnt get her balanced amount refunded (and her daughter has outgrown Gymboree), hence, we could perhaps take over from her number of leftover classes. Other than Play, Music & Art classes, there's also Baby Sign, Mommy & Baby Fitness, Yoga Fun & Global Kids. But for Joel's age group (for 6-10mths), he can only attend 3 classes - Music, Baby Sign & Mommy-Baby Fitness.

Package prices
- 12 classes for ¥2880 (about S$600)
- up to 96 classes for ¥15300 (that's a whopping $3000)

Unit price/per class

- from ¥159 - ¥240 (about S$32-48)

Registration fees

- ¥360/family


What i dont like about the package is that one need to state/confirm the number of times they wanna attend the classes, and there's also a validity period for the package. Hence, if they're not in town and/or miss a class, they'll have to put in an extra class the following week. I feel it's not flexible lor.

I looked through the glass windows and thought that the Music class looks pretty boring coz the teacher was singing away (and holding some rattle thingie)...there were 3 babies inside who didnt really seem to respond much. Haha! They were sitting/playing around with their parents - who perhaps are equally bored. I asked the Consultant what happens if the baby is not concentrating at all...and she said although they dont seem to be responding physically, the ir mind is actually "responding to the music". Haha! So profound! I thought that the Play classes looked pretty fun with the "sponge obstacles" and all... But only when Joel is able to stand/walk can he attend the Play & Art classes. Anyway...that's something to consider for our growing baby...

2 comments:

KIKILALA said...

Can Joel participate in your friend's extra class in the end?? Seems a waste if cannot hor... Hee... Hee...

Toddler in PVC pants?? OMG!! Faintz!! LOL

Jo said...

Actually, we will still pay her for it if we use hers. I'm still not too sure...coz I really dont like the atmosphere at the Music class! Signing Joel already watching the DVDs...and I dont like to do any exercise lor! (Although I didnt get to see these 2 classes when we were there) Haha... Bias mommy.

$30/40 each time is actually very ex too. These are for the very rich people! Keke... Just that we thought we can spare 45mins (each time) for play since we always eat at the Crystal Jade in the same building lor... Hmm... Maybe should wait till Joel can stand/walk then join the other play classes. Now really damn pathetic with so few choices. Hahaha...

p.s. I think most Sporeans just bring their babies for trial sessions, trial sessions... Great idea! Maybe I should try...then can save $$$$! Keke... ;)