our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Friday, January 9, 2009

upsized

When we were in Bangkok, it finally struck me quite hard that i'm no longer the S-Size girl. In truth, i knew it long before but i didnt think it was this bad. (Thailand manufacturers mostly do free-sized clothes i.e. Small-size). Now, i just dont fit into this category - not anymore! Damn it! Whenever i try something on, it's always too small, too tight...or even worse...CANNOT FIT. Damn it!

At the Diesel store, i tried on 2 pairs of jeans...
- size 24 (my "pre-baby" size) ...EHH...
- Nevermind, i changed to 25... Impossible!
- Nevermind, i try 26... IMPOSSIBLE!!! Why still a bit tight?! Can button, but need to breathe in then can!
For the other pair, when i asked Elvis to help me get size 25 (coz i still wasnt convinced i need a 26), the guy at the store also said, "25 will be too big for her". Keke... At least i "look" skinny. Thank God, then i also realized that the problem lies with the cutting of the first pair. Coz i could fit the other size 25. Phew... It does makes me a wee bit happier. BUT, both pairs didnt look too good on me. So i gave up on the jeans although they were the best deals at the store.
Most of the jeans are going at 60% off (about +/-S$200) but if it doesnt look good, then might as well save the money, right?

I tried a few other pieces...and ended buying only a winter jacket (which i liked when i saw it at regular price). A jacket which can help cover my fats! Haha! How smart! Besides, i would never have bought it if it wasnt at 50% off. Even at half the price, it's also quite expensive (to me).

There's this other very plain dress i tried which i quite liked...but since it's not cheap either, i decided to 'KIV' it. However, when we went down again with Ann, Elvis asked me to get the dress. So i tried it on again - 2 sizes - and ended up taking the bigger size. Okay, i could fit the smaller size...but the bigger size looks slightly better...not so tight. Damn it! :/

I also realized that i NO LONGER look good in anything. Coz i used to try anything, yes, anything...and it'll look good. At least i think so, and others think so too. Now, there's always some flaws, some unsightly fats here and there. I need to try a bigger size...and i really dont wish to.

Something just isnt right anymore. And i realized now It's ME - be it post-Joel, or staying home, or sitting in front of the Mac all day, or just plain ageing!

It's (E) All of the above.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

U should be happy in the US - XS is probably still too big for u. I am a S for tops and M for bottoms - makes me feel good :)

Anonymous said...

Jo, I still think you look fabulous in everything!! =) but i totally understand your agony! I was same size as you pre-preggie but after delivering my boy, I was so happy when I can finally fit into my pre-preggie jeans after a few mths! But they're still abit tight!

in case you didn't read my reply in another post of yours, I'm from Singapore too and gave birth in Sep 2008. I don't have a blog but I update pictures on my facebook (wendynglk@gmail.com), add me if you're comfortable to do so. =) wendy

Jo said...

Bee Kheng,
Yes, your're probably right. I'll be an XS in the US! Hahahahaha... ;D

U made my day - until i go shopping again.

Jo said...

Hi Wendy,
Yes, I saw your message! Thank you so much for always saying nice things. Keke... ;)

Actually, i still cannot fit into any of my old jeans. I really dont know when...coz the day never seems to come. (I've tried them trice i think) Keep thinking i should probably give them away coz they're nice jeans...but becoz they're such great jeans, i cant bear to part with them even though i cant fit! Haha... I'm terrible.

And I can only think of my Ahyi/helper who will fit them...she's quite young like 33 but her dressing is really "lao tu" coz she's the villager kind of Chinese. And she's not into hipsters at all! She still wears her pants VERY HIGH UP...and from what she's showed me, she even sews them tighter!!! So envious of her tiny waist (which i never had coz i've always been the "H-figure")...though not of the high-waisted pants she wears...and also the granny underpants she wears with elastics higher than her pants!!! Keke... I'm terrible.

After she worked for us, i can tell that she's a bit more modern...and she's dresses up a bit more now. She told me she's never had jeans before...so i really duno if i should be so nice & give mine to her...but i'm not nice...so i really think i should keep them! Haha... I'm terrible. BTW, i realized she doesnt wear those granny pants anymore (coz i can see her VPL)...and she wears coloured bras now too! But she's still in her high-waisted pants. ;p

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! Keep the jeans! =) I'm glad I didn't give away my fav jeans ... would be super heart pain lor. but I gave away a pair of very new Miss Sixty jeans in size 24, I bet I would never ever be able to fit into them again so I gave them to a very skinny friend of mine.

I burst out laughing when I read about the ah ayi! haha ... she must have picked up some fashion sense from doing your laundry!

- wendy

Jo said...

hi wendy, yes i think so too...the Ahyi did make some big change!

KIKILALA said...

HAHA!! That is hilarious!!

Hey I have not had a BB but also increase in size already. I think after 30 it gets harder to lose the weight. Last time anytime easy to lose but now... Time to starve again... Sigh...

zhuzhu said...

Hey Jo,
this post is depressing..
My tummy has been overstretched and I can't fit into any of my old jeans nor M size skirts which I worn less den 5x....

Dying in post natal depression... ahahahha

Jo said...

Stella,

I agree with you mann... Women! :_(
Lucky man also the same! Haha...



Tricia's Mom MZ,

Actually, i thought that by 1 year or so (earlier even) can go back to original size!!! So it's impossible lah?! OMG! That's so sad! :_(

zhuzhu said...

Jo: Look at me and you know. When you hit that point, u dun reverse..
The hips expands, the thighs expands.. need I say more?