This email was from my sis, Audrey:
"I just got back to see Terry one last time. He is like sleeping. Said a little prayer to him and also read the note that Jo wrote the other time. Vet said he died peacefully in his sleep between 11 - 12 noon on 2 March. He ate some food and was a little restless in the morning.
Vet said this is the best way to see him off as it is of his own will and he did not go thru the op or put to sleep. The Vet Robin and assistant Nicole have been very nice and said Terry is a very good dog and they said sorry to me several times that Terry is gone. Nicole cried...
Terry will be cremated at the Pet Hotel this afternoon. Think he is a happy auto roaming dog in Heaven now.
Bye Terry.
We will remember you always.
THE END."
And everyone says, Amen.
My younger Sandra & my mom just left for Israel on the morning of 2 March. Hence, they do not know about Terry's death - yet. Nor does my other sis Audrey intend to inform them anytime soon. Also, since my dad is alone at home, they will keep the news from him too - least he gets depressed. Audrey intends to wait till Sandra & mom get back on 11 March. I'll also be back in Singapore a few hours after them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














5 comments:
although i have never met terry, i got watery eyes from reading this.
goodbye terry.
do take care, i know its really sad. I've dogs since I m young so I ve been thru this also. I know the 'painful" feeling & constantly I start worrying when my current dog turns old.
But think this way, Terry left peacefully at least not on the operation theatre. I can sense his a GOOD BOY as he dun want to spoilt your mum trip so he died after they are not around. U might think it's ridiculous But its really true that pets are very sensitive animals, they know. I've experience b4 & even saw some cases myself. The dog oni passed away the moment the owner decided to let him go in a vet. Do take-care of your dad, I think the one that stay at home most of the time will be more affected then anyone of us. My dad was "badly" affected when my previous dog passed away.
As long as we live, our pets will always a place in our heart no matter where they go... CY
Alynn & CY,
Thanks sooo much for your kind words. Thanks! ;)
I'm really shocked and sorry to hear about this. Do take care of yourself. Terry will live on in your heart forever.
Yes, now we have 1 more thing in common! ;p
Post a Comment