our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

i really hate it

Finally, Elvis can come home earlier for dinner! I dont have to order delivery.

I just sent Ahyi to the market. I hate 'that moment' telling her what to buy, what to cook... It's so damn awkward!!! She'll be standing at the side while i'm trying to flip the cook books quickly, thinking which dish to show her, what ingredients she can buy, what to "simplify", what can she cook...

WHY CAN'T SHE LOOK THROUGH THE PAGES I'VE TAGGED TO SEE & LEARN WHAT WE LIKE TO EAT???

She always questions me about the "ingredient" too!?! Even a simple kai-lan 芥兰, she will say, "Show me the picture." So i always ask her again, "Do you know how to cook?"

OMG!!! She never learns! I've bought so many cook books, and even tagged (post-it) some of the simpler home-cooked dishes for her! I told her many many many many times to take a look when she's free...BUT she never listens and never learn any new dishes!!!
(I also told her she can watch TV when Joel is asleep. But she would rather sit on the sofa and stone...or play with her cellphone)

I know you might think i'm being ridiculous and horrid. But here's the dishes i've tagged. I hardly think it's complicated at all. Anyone who knows how to cook will know how to cook these:
1. steamed egg toufu with cucumber
2. stir-fry chicken with cashew nuts (with my bottled sauce)
3. eggs with prawns
4. steam fish with some preserved vegetables on top
5. fish slices with ketchup
6. "si ji dou" (as what i've cooked previously)
7. stir-fry bean sprouts
8. squash & prawn soup (just dump in and boil)
9. chicken soup with wolfberry (just dump in and boil)
10. radish & fish soup (just dump in and boil)
11. fried rice with prawns and eggs
12. fried rice with salted fish and diced chicken

Am i being so difficult???

Fedup.

UPDATE:
She came back with CELERY instead of "kai-lan"!!!
The 1st time i told her it's NOT "kai-lan" 芥兰, she said, "They look the same from the picture". When i told her again the 2nd time it's NOT 芥兰, she said, "The seller said dont have". So...which one is true??? I think most likely she doesnt know.

2 comments:

wendy said...

i don't know how to cook one ... but i think I can manage the simple ones you listed!
OMG! celery and kai lan are worlds apart!! one got leaves one dun have!

Jo said...

Ya, i cant cook too. That's why those i tagged are like very easy dishes lor!!! Even "goo-lou yok" (sweet & sour pork) i also dont dare to tag for her. Then she still can give me crap! :{