our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Friday, April 3, 2009

the naughty face

I've made up my mind to spend less time on the Mac when Joel is not asleep. Actually, i dont mind looking after Joel when Ahyi is here, and i really dont mind doing all those simple Mommy Chores for Joel (although i take a breather every now & then to chat on MSN, blog and/or check emails), but Ahyi tends to "snatch to do things" the minute i'm gone for a few seconds! Sometimes, she even snatches Joel from my arms when i'm carrying him (just like a MIL). I get frustrated, but i let her be most of the time... Anyway, i can use the computer! ;p

Still, i like to feed Joel myself. I bathe him and cook his porridge too (instead of getting Ahyi to do it). I also like to change his soiled diapers myself coz she always makes Joel's butt & even his penis RED!!! I was so worried for a while...and even took pictures of it to show Elvis when he gets home at night. Anyway, i've told Ahyi to be a bit more gentle. ;p

This is Joel's naughty & cute face when we're alone...

Joel got a shock knocking into the Jumperoo behind him! So funny! ;p

Joel & Mommy
2 April 2009, Thursday evening

11 comments:

hipo mama said...

joel is so cute....his naughty face...hehe...he sure has lots of toys too...

Jo said...

Actually, we didnt buy him toys for a very long. Thinking of buying him some toy cars since he likes wheels A LOT. Imported toys costs more here & i'm stingy knowing that Spore not so ex! Haha! So far, he only has those free toys from ordering his milk & diapers! Keke... ;p

I think it's the colourful mat that makes the whole place looks more interesting! Haha!

Hipo mama said...

wow so nice one ah...milk and diapers got free toys...I hope to get the pooh bath thingy u have...haha..

in china, the milk powder brands of other countries are made in china? or made in the country of origin?

Jo said...

The Winnie the Pooh pool & ring float are FREE from his Mamy Poko diapers! Haha! But i think i had to order 3/4 BIG packs 1 shot for it. Coz i thought it was a good deal mah (coz if buy the pool alone maybe also $30-40 already). That time Joel was still quite small, so use more diapers.

I just placed an order today for his Enfagrow Stage 3 (Mead Johnson) milk powder. ¥1000 can get a music keyboard!!! Haha! Not bad right? That's about S$200 worth of milk powder (about 2mths supply).

Very convenient to order baby supplies here. Delivery is 1 day & free. But they said tmr is QingMing, so delivery will be Sun. I will post a picture when i get the free gift. Will keep it till he can play next time lah. ;)

Imported milk powder here are usually from the country of origin (eg New Zealand for Mead Johnson), but packed in Guangzhou. It costs slightly more than in Spore too. Everything imported is definitely more ex lah coz China tax a high.

one little journey said...

all the photos are so cute!!! i can't wait to pinch him, hehe!

Jo said...

Haha... I think Joel will bully u more when u meet! ;p

Hipo Mama said...

most pp would have think that any stuff in China will be cheaper than in SIN...which is not true hor..

Jo said...

Yeah, i think only on selected things. And maybe Shanghai is not a cheap place too lah. Standard of living here is comparable to Spore's.

I find the dept stores here A LOT MORE EX than Spore.

I've been wanting to do a post on cost of things in Shanghai (in general) - for people who are keen in coming. Haha! Maybe i should really do it next week.

one little journey said...

don't underestimate me, i have daily training with jiuri. hehe!

Jo said...

Yea, the evil aunt. Hahahaaa... ;p

KIKILALA said...

The top pic is really cute. Wanna pinch his cheeks. Hehe...