our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

kids stuff


Last Sat we went to check out this "kids place" we've seen before behind Huai Hai Road (Shanghai's Orchard Road). It's an underground shopping area and WAH! lots of shops in there. The place feels very "local" but we saw many angmohs & Japanese who are also there for the good buys. We ended up with all these clothes for Joel (including the vest he's wearing). All are for Japanese export and the price ranges from ¥60-80 (approx S$12-16). The bibs - also from Japan - costs only ¥10/S$2 for 5 pieces!!! (The panda design is S$1 each) Hahahaha...

On Mon, I went to the supermarket opposite our house and bought a Carters long romper for Joel too. It can also be converted into a gown. Price??? Only ¥25/S$5. Hahahahahahahaha... ;D


P.S. Actually, Japan selling similar 5pc bib set at JP¥ 1,090 (approx S$14.50). I've been eyeing the plastic bib set above from Japan online (approx S$20 for 3pcs)...and I soooo wanted to get all 6 designs!!! Now I'm really giving it 2nd thoughts... Hmm... =(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo!

Looks like you finally found NIHONG Guangchang! Last year when I was still mobile and almost travelling to Shanghai every other month, I will make it a point to go there and stock up on my bb's clothes! hehe! SHOP AWAY!!!

Jo said...

That's called NiHong GuangChang??? I thought it's something like Rainbow (CaiHong). It's diagonally across the back of Huai Hai Road...err...opposite this club called Babyface, right??? Like 2 roads behind Times Square??? I'm very bad with roads/directions. ;p

I cant wait to discover more of such great shopping places man... Save $. Will go out more when the weather's better. YEAH!

Anonymous said...

yes yes! the very same one!

two other places i sometimes go to is Keji cheng 科技城. some of the shops from the old xiangyang shichang shifted to the subway at keji cheng. can get some imi oshkosh, carters, RL etc.

another one are the malls at 七浦路 qipu lu. There are like 7 to 8 huge malls there and the top levels are all baby stuff. But note only locals go there and it can be messy. If you can, don't go alone with the baby, go with the husband! hehe!