our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

joel - the first year

Monday, October 27, 2008

10 months

Joel at 10 months is 10kg (same as last month) ...and is bitten by mosquito for the first time. So poor thing. :(

Last week, Joel started eating porridge too.
Day 1 - Porridge with carrots : Joel dont like
Day 2 - Porridge with minced pork & spinach : Joel dont like
Day 3 - Porridge with spinach : Joel ok
Day 4 - Porridge with spinach : Joel so-so like
Day 5 - Porridge with spinach : Joel likes it a bit more
His usual reaction after a few minutes is...he gets very angry, tries to grab the spoon and/or push it away, tries to throw things on the floor, spits out the porridge in his mouth and/or whatever i try to force-feed him again, cries and has to be supplemented with cereal/milk.
...Weekends on full-day milk...
Day 6 (today) - Plain porridge (coz no more spinach) : Joel LIKES and cries for more! ;)

5 comments:

KIKILALA said...

Aiyo!! How come got so many bites!! Poor thing!!

zhuzhu said...

Jo, get mosquito patches for Joel..
U can oso use those plug in electric type of mosquito repellent? They last for 1 mth and U basically put a timer on it to turn on during evening hours.
I can take a pic of mine if u like..

I'm so scared of mosquitoes!! Once bitten, it becomes the size of a grapefruit except it's flatten.. argh

Jo said...

Ya, i used the patches when we're out during summer. Actually winter shouldnt have that many mosquitoes... Maybe Joel is too sweet! haha...

I have the plug-in mosquitoe thingie too (non-timer)...but it lasts about a week only. So "sway" just finished and i've ran out of the refills. :/

I will search for the timer one you recommended. Thanks! ;)

Aaron said...

I see a little Popeye in the making :P
Hope you grow strong and healthy yea! But issit abit too young to have "pimples" on the face :P hahahaa!
(I know it's getting cold there) Sorry!

Jo said...

Aaron,

It's actually mosquitoes bites! Most babies are allergic to the mosquitoes' saliva coz they have never been bitten before. I searched online and realized some kids will swell like an elephant! My nephew is one of those...but maybe more like a pig. It's very terrible... ;p

Little Joel still has some scars left from it even after 1 month...so poor thing. Hope they will disappear completely. :(